ISLAMABAD: The federal government is all set to launch a mobile application named ‘Baytee’ which is aimed at empowering women through information and communication technologies.
According to IT ministry, under the program “Baytee”, a mobile app is being launched which will act as a consolidated portal that will provide advocacy on women rights, disseminate information on laws and regulations, search women-focused education schools, scholarships, training opportunities, job portal, health services, helpline, etc.
Using the “Baytee” mobile application, women will be able to:
- Find advocacy programs on women rights
- Receive news about laws and regulations regarding women rights
- Inquire about schools and scholarships for women
- Find nearby job and training opportunities
- Seek health services in their area
- Get information about the nearest woman police station and hostels.
It must be noted that former Federal Minister for Information and Technology Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui in November 2019 announced to develop a ‘Baytee’ mobile application for women.
The decision was made during a meeting held in Federal Ministry for Information Technology and Telecommunication with federal minister Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui in the chair.