LAHORE (9 News) – Foreign Minister (FM) Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar strongly condemned the unprovoked Indian firing on civilian populations along the Line of Control (LoC).
This statement came after the meeting of both the leaders in Lahore on Monday. Both the leaders strongly condemned the unprovoked firing on civilian’s population along LoC by Indian forces.
They paid tribute to soldiers for giving befitting response of Indian firing in the meeting. They also paid tribute to the bravery of martyr Lance Naik Zahid for his sacrifice for the Country.
A day earlier, nine soldiers of the Indian army were killed and many others injured when Pakistan Army troops gave a befitting response to Indian ceasefire violations in Jura, Shahkot and Nousehri Khuiratta and Kotkhetera Tatta Pani sectors along the Line of Control (LoC).
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) the Director General on Sunday, at least six civilians and a Pakistani soldier were martyred as Indian troops resorted to indiscriminate and ruthless shelling from across the LoC in AJK. Officials said that nine other civilians were injured, adding that this was the highest death toll in 2019 in a single day of Indian shelling from across the dividing line.
Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded. 9 Indian soldiers killed several injured. 2 Indian bunkers destroyed.
During exchange of fire 1 soldier & 3 civilians shaheed, 2 soldiers & 5 civilians injured.
Pakistani forces effectively responded to enemy fire, killing nine Indian soldiers and injuring several others. Two Indian bunkers were also destroyed in retaliatory action.
In his tweet, the DG ISPR that one soldier had been martyred in the exchange of fire while two others were injured. “In response to unprovoked ceasefire violations by India in Jura, Shahkot and Nauseri sectors, nine Indian soldiers were killed while several others were injured and two Indian bunkers were destroyed,” he added.
Targeting innocent civilians by Indian Army is an attempt to justify their false claims of targeting alleged camps. Injured civilians evacuated to District hospitals. UNMOGIP as well as domestic & foreign media have open access to AJK, a liberty not available in IOJ&K.
“Indian Army shall always get befitting response to CFVs. Pakistan Army shall protect innocent civilians along LOC [and] inflict unbearable cost to Indian Army. Indian lies to justify their false claims [and] preparations for a false flag operation will continue to be exposed with truth,” the ISPR director general also said.
Two more civilian casualties succumbed to injuries. Total 5 civilians Shaheed. Indian guns silent as of now to undertake evacuation of their dead and injured after effective and befitting response from Pakistan Army.
“Indian Army struggling to pick dead bodies and evacuate injured soldiers. Indian Army raising white flag. This they should think before initiating unprovoked CFVs and respect military norms by avoiding to target innocent civilians,” DG ISPR added.