Brain-eating bug, rabies claim one life each in city

0
215

(Karachi News): The amoeba Naegleria fowleri has promised yet another life of a teen, and also also a boy by the Tando Muhammad Khan district died because of rabies encephalitis in Karachi this week, health officials said Friday. He died this morning due to infection caused by the Naegleria fowleri,” explained Dr Seemin Jamali, executive manager of the JPMC while talking to The News on Friday.

She stated the attendants of the deceased were oblivious about how the adolescent contracted the illness, but most people who drifted in non-chlorinated pools, freshwater canals and lakes became victims of their deadly microorganism, though a number of these folks were reported to have acquired the disease when making ablution. Experts say the disorder due to Naegleria fowleri is a rare and fatal brain disease, and exposure to the microorganism happens during swimming or other water since this protozoan can be located in springs, rivers and freshwater ponds.

The nose travels up into the brain, where it causes harm. Health department officials said Asad was the instance of Naegleria fowleri infection in Karachi this year, including that per boy from Mehmoodabad had expired because of PAM, a disorder. Sindh Health Minister Dr Azra Pechuho, while working about the passing of a teenager because of meningitis brought on by this Naegleria fowleri, ” said the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB) should offer potable water into the taxpayers. She urged the citizens stating it was a disease that was fatal.

Rabies encephalitis, a deadly disease brought on by rabid dogs, claimed yet another life following an 11-year kid from the Tando Muhammad Khan area of Sindh expired at the National Institute of Child Health (NICH), Director NICH Dr Jamal Raza said on Friday.”Dildar, the 11-year-old boy from Tando Muhammad Khan, was brought to the NICH last week who had been bitten by a stray dog on his face some 20 days back. The child received only one dose of the Anti Rabies Vaccine (ARV) and then his family did not care about completing the course of vaccination.

The child developed rabies encephalitis or full-blown rabies, which is incurable and the child died a few days back,” Dr Jamal Raza added. Sindh health department officials stated due to rabies encephalitis in the NICH, the number of deaths because of this disease had climbed to 18. They included that a few girls and kids had become a victim after having bitten by dogs of this disease who had been vaccinated.

Secretary for Health Saeed Awan stated that there were 18,000 vials of those Anti-Rabies Vaccine encouraged people to get themselves vaccinated when they had been bitten by dogs, and available from the state right now. Experts said episodes of dog-bite were because of the existence of tens of thousands of puppies in each city in the state.

Watch out Karachi news online for the latest updates. We offer the most trusted and reliable news from all over the Karachi region. Be first to watch updates for Karachi news online. Stay tuned with 9 News HD.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here